Online Law School Classes are growing in popularity, despite the difficulties in many states of being allowed to sit on the bar exam. (The American Bar Association is currently reviewing regulations and may finally grant accreditation to 100% Online Law School Classes, without which many states won’t let you take the test to become a lawyer.)
Here are some advantages to Online Law School Classes:
- Admittance – They’re easier to get in than traditional law schools
- Convenience – You watch the class in your home during your free time. There’s no commute, no need to move-in to your school.
- Affordability – Online Law School Classes are about one-third the cost of brick-and-mortar schools. You won’t have pay for dorm and living expenses beyond your norm.
- Teacher Accessibility – Your online professor may actually be more available than the traditional teacher. Ask your question by email, and he’ll be back to you within 48 hours.
- Interactivity Without Distraction – Chat rooms, skype and email make interaction with fellow students possible. But there’s no campus life distraction of parties.
Online Law School Classes are for dreamers. While the traditional law school tends to reject more than accept applicants (thus they attain prestige by enrolling only the “cream of the crop.”), Online Law School Classes are open for pretty much everybody.
Online Law School Classes are also great for:
- Those who want private practice (since the big law firms go pretty much only for top-tier law school grads.)
- Those who want to compliment their professional career with a law degree.
Check to see if Online Law School Classes are the best option for you. As you research, make sure to ask:
- Total costs of the program
- Options for taking the bar in your state
- Bar passage rates of graduates
- 9-month-after-graduation employment of graduates in law job
This video, the Trials of a Law School Trailer 1, shows the adversity facing traditional law school students. The online school takes less of a sink-or-swim approach to its students.